Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beckham left out of Team GB Olympic squad

Davide Beckham has been left out of the Team GB Olympic squad






Is that actually possible?

Beckham was hoping to lead the Team GB Olympic squad as one of the three over 23 players but Manger Stuart Pearce opted for Manchester City defender Micah Richards.

"I'm very disappointed" Beckham said and added: "Everyone knows how much playing for my country has always meant to me. So I would have been honoured to have been part of this unique Team GB squad."

Even though he was the key part of the delegation who went to Singapore in 2005 and won the Games, he represented Great Britain on the closing ceremony of the 2008 Olympics Games in Beijing, and now he doesn't get picked?!

Despite all of the bitter Beckham said: "Naturally I am very disappointed, but there will be no bigger supporter of the team than me. And like everyone, I will be hoping they can win the gold."

A symbol of English football, surely one of the most famous British athletes and pure Londoner won't participate at the London 2012 Olympic Games! What a real pity....

We still hope that Beckham will be given a role at the Opening ceremony.


Closing ceremony in Beijing

No comments:

Post a Comment